Friday, October 12, 2007

Tower of Terror Part III

Ok this is way too good not to share. I just received the following email from our building management:

Sent: Friday, October 12, 2007 3:00 PM
To: Building Tenants
Subject: Loud Elevator Noise

Dear Tenants:

After lunch today, there was a loud “boom” noise from the elevators. Just to squash any rumors, here is what happened:

Elevator 5 was being worked on to complete some maintenance for the new modernization. The car went up a few floor and hit a safety barrier, causing the loud noise and a technician to tweak his back. No one was seriously injured and everything is ok.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to e-mail or call the management office. Thank you.


Yeah I have a freaking question - why are our elevators so possessed??? See? I am not making this elevator stuff up. I did hear a loud bang but I didn't think it was the elevators. Geez!

2 comments:

Camilla said...

Sounds like the building needs to do a little exorcism. Remind me never to ride the elevators if I ever come visit you.

*Nicole said...

As usual, I am laughing my head off. I love these stories! Uhh, but you can keep your elevator. Remind me to take the stairs if I ever come see you at work.