Sunday, October 28, 2007

Good Morning Body Slam

Thursday night I fell asleep on the couch after scrapbook night. Instead of waking up to an alarm the next morning I awoke to a cat slamming into my face. I was fast asleep when suddenly my face was met with the side of my cat's body at full running velocity. My cats were chasing one another and unfortunately I was laying on the race track. Otto was racing across the couch and used my body for traction and my face as a traffic barrier. Have you ever been kicked in face with a soccer ball? Well that's also what it feels like to have a cat slam into your face. He apparently slammed sideways on to my face and then leaped over the couch to continue running. I woke up screaming. I ended up with a bruise over my left eye and a tiny scratch on my right eyelid. I also got some scratches on my chest and ankle. After the initial shock it was actually quite funny. I keep visualizing it (since I didn't see any of it, only felt it) and it keeps making me laugh. It is apparently much safer to sleep in a bed then on the couch at my house.
Can't we all share the couch? It is for sitting and sleeping - not racing!

2 comments:

mistyb said...

ok katie, I couldn't stop laughing while reading this. I do hope that your face is ok though!!

*J*E*N* said...

It's all for the scrapbooking cause Katie!