Thursday, October 25, 2007

Fun with grocery receipts

Doesn't this receipt tell a great story? It is from last Monday...
That's right milk and anti-diarrhea medicine. Isn't that glorious? So as San Diego County was burning down around us I had developed some sort of mean flu bug. The bug came on fast and all the fluid in my body left even faster. It was coming out both ends. (How can any other sentence say so much in so few words?) My backside had turned into a faucet. (Ok, maybe that one says a little more than the previous.) Anyway, Angelo went to the store and got those two precious items because we weren't sure if my illness had been caused by bad milk and I was in need of some medicine STAT! Isn't it embarrassing when you throw your one or two items on the grocery store conveyor belt and you know the checker is judging you? It's always bad when you have to run to the store for emergency goods. I usually feel like I have to buy some sort of token item just to try to disguise the embarrassing item on the conveyor belt. Last time I had to run to the store for emergency medicine I had to get some Gas-X and I think I grabbed some salad dressing just so the trip didn't feel like it was made in vain. I mean you can't just buy Gas-X on it's own - besides who does enjoy a nice salad after the gas has passed?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy Cow!! Milk is $4.79 a gallon??? I hope you get better!

janet said...

at least he didn't have to get tampons too....

Angelo Outlaw said...

No, but she HAS made me go to the store for tampons in the past!