Monday, October 8, 2007

RIP Kevin Costner

So last night I watched the movie The Guardian. It was about the coast guard and stars Ashton Kutcher and Kevin Costner. What's the deal with freakin' Kevin Costner - he dies in all his movies! Sorry didn't mean to give anything away there because I am sure everyone reading this was just about to watch The Guardian. Well I blew it for you. He dies and becomes a sea ghost at the end! Is Kevin Costner the go to dead guy? I can hear the pitch now: "So I got a great script here, the protagonist dies and all his lines should be delivered in the same monotonous tone. Do you know if Kevin Costner is available?" Kevin Costner dies in 52% of his movies. (Please note that this percentage is not from any statistical data but a random number I pulled out of my head which sounded about right to me.) It isn't ever a surprise when he dies. What would be a surprise is if he actually lived through the whole movie. Notice the movie tagline: "How do you decide who lives or who dies?" You don't have to decide. Kevin Costner is in this movie. He'll die.

No comments: