Sunday, October 21, 2007

I'm a Keeper.

The last few weeks Angelo and I have been trying to clean out our house. We had a big pile go to the Goodwill last week. One of the problems we have is that we moved into a house that wasn't completely empty (it was Angelo's grandparent's house) and so our stuff had been stack on someone else's stuff. Slowly we have been able to get rid of this other "stuff" but that still leaves our own "stuff" to go through. If I didn't know it before, I know now that I am definitely a keeper. I am not referring to how lucky Angelo is to have me as his wife but as in how I like to hold on to things from the past. At least I am very organized in how I keep this stuff. I am not messy and you wouldn't really know how much stuff I have kept except for if you looked under the beds and in the closets at all the Rubbermaid containers we have that contains this old "stuff." So it's like organized chaos. Over the last two weeks I have gone through about 5 big containers. I had kept about every card anyone has ever given me. I also have a ton of old notes from friends in high school. I had a whole forest's worth of old school papers from elementary school and high school. I also have an ailment called "maybe I can use it someday." When I was a kid I could not get rid of stuffed animals because somehow I thought that animal would think it wasn't important anymore. To this day, I still can throw out any dolls or stuffed animals, I can donate them and let someone else throw them out but I just can't do it. It has been somewhat therapeutic to toss a lot of this stuff. Don't get me wrong, I still have about three tubs that I can't let go of but I have been able to recycle lots of stuff which feels good.

1 comment:

janet said...

Now I know who I can send my stuffed animals too....I know they will go to a good home...