Monday, October 22, 2007

Happy Birthday to my big brother Jim!

So today is my brother Jim's birthday! Instead of eating cake like any normal person would be doing he is out fighting the San Diego fires! He is an engineer for the San Diego Fire Department. Both my dad and grandpa are retired San Diego firefighters also. I guess he doesn't need no stinkin' candles, he's got honest to goodness flames for his birthday! I'm sure this was a birthday he won't soon forget. He is a wonderful brother. He was a teenager by the time I was born but I still have lots of fond memories with him. Like the time he told me that he had brought a great white shark home from work and put in our pool. (This was after he had taken me and little sister to see one of the Jaws movies of course.) At the time he worked at the Sea World Marina so this was completely plausible to a seven year old child. I don't think I ever went in our pool again without checking thoroughly for sharks. (I am 28 and still check. I'm scarred for life.) Or how about the time he told me that he could magically make me two dollars out of my one dollar bill? When I gave my dollar to him he ripped it in half and then gave me back the two pieces. (I think I was like six or something so I immediately burst into tears so to quiet me down I think I really did get two "new" dollars.) Or how about what he did for me at my wedding...

He bleached his hair blond so that everyone could tell he was my brother. Isn't that sweet?


Here he is at our reception as Billy Bob. (The billy bob teeth got around quite a bit actually.)

In all seriousness though he has been a wonderful brother. It is pretty cool having a brother that will take you to Disneyland for your birthday or just down to the 7-11 for slurpees and twizzlers. I don't think I would have been the same without ya! We love you!

1 comment:

janet said...

you're lucky he didn't get a hold of a wedding dress that fit him....