Monday, December 31, 2007

Goodbye 2007!

So it's the last post of the year! Our 2007 has been filled with lots of memorable moments. Here's a recap of the Outlaw's 2007:

Biggest Accomplishment: Finishing my Italy scrapbook. I am so glad it's done! It is 52 pages long and will help us remember what a great time we had in Italy. "These are memories frozen in time people!"

Funniest Moment: During the family reunion this summer in Utah my brother Tom and his family took us and my dad rafting down the Provo River. We sent my Dad off into the river in an inner tube with his white legs dangling vulnerably out over the top of the tube. His only defense against the rapids was an oar which he bravely wielded. Unfortunately, he was quickly defeated. Not 2 minutes into the ride there were some rapids that took you under a bridge. Angelo and I were in a small blow up raft and ended up ahead of my dad and got to see the whole show. My dad bounced around a bit as he maneuvered around the rocks and then BLAMO! He bounced against the bridge piling and immediately flipped backwards. The last thing we saw were his legs kicking in the air. After a few seconds we saw him emerge out of the water gasping for air with a shocked look on his face. We weren't sure if it was because the water was so cold or if he was surprised he had made it. During his brief underwater jaunt, we were able to catch the tube and oar and waited for him to make his way towards us. I swear we didn't laugh until we knew he was still alive but man, it was freakin' hilarious. Once I knew he made it I almost fell out of the boat because I was laughing so hard. He bravely got back into this little inner tube and the rest of the time he held on to a rope tied to our raft as we made our way to the bottom of the canyon. Every time we'd come to some rocks he would clench his jaw and brace himself. He did bang up his leg up pretty bad but I think he was just glad he didn't die that day on the river.Weirdest Moment: Being at Girls Camp and having a crazy mother come steal her kids out of a tent at 2am! It was truly one of those "is this really happening?" moments. It is kinda funny now that its over but I will never forget sitting in the tent with Kelly (the other leader) and being totally shocked at what had just occurred. After a while all we could do was laugh. I will always remember Kelly joking, "You're certified 1st year, you're certified 2nd year, and you - well you're just certifiable!" There's no one I would have rather had in the tent with me that night. I learned that it is really hard being the leader sometimes!

Saddest Moment: Losing our Mollycat. My cat that I've had for 22 years died in August. We miss her so much! She was one of my greatest friends. I got her when I was 6 and she came to live with us when we got married. Molly was the best cat. Thank goodness we were bless with Otto last year. I don't know what I would have done without another cat in the house.
Longest Road Trip: We took a trip to Lake Tahoe in our Mustang and had a great time. It took a long time to get up there (10 hours!) but it was such a nice relaxing trip once we got there. In Lake Tahoe I also found the best scrapbooking store ever!

Biggest Build Up for Nothing: My 10 year High School Reunion this summer. It was really weird. I don't know what I expected but after it was over it just seemed like a lot of build up for nothing. I already see all the people that I want to from that four year period of time so why did I go and pay tons of money to see people that I didn't like 10 years ago? It was kinda like how you think your prom is going to be like the prom in Pretty in Pink but then you go to yours and you're like, "so what?" I think I was expecting Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion and instead I was like, "so what?" again. Although I didn't invent Post-its so maybe that would have made a difference.

Best Addition to Our Family: We got a new little kitten named Jasper. He has been so fun to have around. He is the sweetest cat and has become good friends with our other cat Otto. We are really lucky.
Scariest Moment: I'd have to say the scariest moment this year was the wild fires that hit San Diego in October. The fire didn't get to close to our home but it is always scary when all you can see is orange sky and everything is covered in ash. It is hard to just sit and wait watching the whole region burn up.Biggest Surprise: Getting the Camp Snoopy room at the Knotts Berry Farm Hotel! We went up to the Ford Car Show in April and were surprised when we walked into our Snoopy filled eye sore of a room. It was suppose to be a nice romantic weekend but instead we got fire engine red carpet, Snoopy curtains and bedspread as well as a Snoopy cut out on the wall above the bed. We tried to switch rooms but it was sold out and we were stuck with Snoopy. The guy at the front desk actually tried to tell us that it was an upgrade! It wasn't a total bust. You get a free snoopy plush doll when you stay at Camp Snoopy!Biggest Cleanup Job: While my parents were on vacation my sister Laura decided it was time to clean out a few of the "over crowded" rooms in their house. See, as children left the home my parents continued to filled up the house with "stuff." So I helped Laura clear out two packed rooms. My parents were shocked but thrilled. You can now actually walk through the rooms! It's a miracle! In order to determine what to keep or get rid of we'd ask each other, "Hey, do you want this when their gone?" If the other answered no it would go in the trash or off to charity. (My mom has gotten lots of mileage out of that story, haven't you mom?)
Favorite Hobby: Blogging! It has been so fun blogging about life and reading all about yours. We hope that 2008 is great and we can't wait to see what the year holds for us!

2 comments:

Angelo Outlaw said...

Funny how when you look back on a year, you realize just how much happens in 12 months. Dear sweet wifie, without your blog I would have forgotten about some of these! Blogs are cool....that's right, I said it.

regibells said...

Great post. It has been a great year. I can just see uncle Jim with his legs dangling out of the water right now.....When I floated that river they told us to get out and WALK around the bridge...I guess there's a reason. Teneil was telling me about your adventures in clearing space.....something we are both working ourselves up to some day soon, it need to happen before the house eats them alive...YIKES!