Friday, December 21, 2007

More about Christmas sweaters

We had our office Christmas party last week which consists of my coworkers (including Intern - yay!) and I sitting around our boardroom table eating Chinese food and talking about all kinds of weird stuff. We also do a secret Santa gift exchange which is always entertaining. The topics of conversation this year for some reason turned to Christmas sweaters and fruitcakes. I told everyone about how I knew to hold the elevator the other day because I could hear my boss Cathy coming down the hall with her jangling Christmas sweater. It came out that Cathy actually owns over 40 Christmas sweaters. (And you thought I was joking!) I didn't think there were that many but she says that she has at least one for every day of December. She keeps them in a sweater locker under her bed. Intern admitted that he had an awesome Christmas sweater too. He said he got his from his grandfather. I thought, "oh, that's nice, his sweet little grandpa gave him a sweater." Then he describe how the scenario went down. His grandfather was wearing this crazy Christmas sweater with snowflakes around the collar and everything. Intern had mentioned to his grandpa how cool he thought his sweater was. His grandpa then replied, "Are you kidding? I think this thing is ridiculous! You want it?" He immediately took it off and gave it to him! Intern said that he has gotten some good mileage out of the sweater. Apparently there are themed parties where you have to wear hideous sweaters. The worse the better. Why didn't we think of that when I was in college?

No comments: