Friday, December 21, 2007

I jinxed myself! (And everyone else for that matter.)

So with all the Christmas sweater mocking I've been doing I knew that it had to come back and bite me. On Monday I received a large bag of Christmas gifts from my boss. One of the gifts was a large shirt box. I opened it up and guess what I found inside? A bundle of Christmas joy that's what! (Notice the socks I have on too. Also a gift from Cathy! They have snowmen and snowflakes on them!)Let me back up a little here. Since the Christmas party I had talked to my boss and had encouraged her to get Christmas sweaters for some of the people at work who had not gotten them before - namely our new receptionist. I didn't need to convince her because she told me that she had already purchased some sweaters this year for some people on staff. I figured this would be great entertainment and that I would, of course, be exempt considering I had already received a Christmas sweater a few years ago. I thought of it like a rite of passage and if I had to endure it everyone should. So I was very surprised when I opened my gift and found yet ANOTHER Christmas sweater! What do you think of my new expression of Christmas?? So on Tuesday Carrie our receptionist got her bag of goodies from Cathy. I had shown her my sweater on Monday and told her about my OTHER sweater. So around lunch time Carrie comes into my office with the funniest look on her face. It was the "I am not amused" look. I noticed the look before I actually noticed what she was wearing...a bona fide Christmas sweater! I just starting laughing uncontrollably. First let me describe what Carrie looks like - she has black hair with pink streaks and a nose ring. If I am a 10 on the "not a Christmas sweater person" scale, Carrie is a 20. So there she was with this "thing" all zipped up. It had penguins on it too but there were also sequins and a little penguin zipper pull on the front. It was a priceless moment. So I am eagerly awaiting my return to work next week to find out what kind of sweaters everyone else received. I believe that Christmas 2007 will be know throughout company lore as the year of the Christmas sweaters.

No comments: