Monday, April 7, 2008

Bye Irma

Have I become a manic blogger or what? The end of March was eventful but not so eventful that I should have stopped blogging. I don't know what happen. Angelo had a lot of weird stuff happen to him which was sort of amusing (now that we're over it.) First he chipped his back molar and had to go to the dentist to get it filed down. Once he was done at the dentist he went to start his car but it just made a horrible noise and then it caught fire. Not in the billowing flames sort of way, just some black smoke coming through the vents. Our little Irma had finally kicked the bucket. She had held on for a long time though. (We called our silver Taurus that because 1) the license plate number had "RMA" as part of it and 2) the car also looked like a grandma's car.) So I had to go pick him up and we called a tow truck. The tow truck driver drug Irma onto the back of his flat bed and kinda laughed because he said he picks up a lot of Taurus'. The good thing was that our insurance covered the tow. So I left Angelo to ride home with the tow truck driver and went off to work. When I came home I found that they had deposited Irma on our side of the street but she was facing the wrong way and was more than 18 inches from the curb. I noticed this only because a meter maid was kind enough to point this out to us with a friendly yellow ticket afixed to Irma's windshield. Lovely. $47. I guess this sort of balanced out with not having to pay for the tow. Does insurance cover stupid tow truck drivers too? I guess not. This was on a Tuesday night and Angelo and I both had busy night's with our mutual groups. (Have I told you Angelo is our new Young Men's President? Well he is. It makes coordination meetings a lot easier.) So we couldn't deal with our "backwards too far away from the curb" car until about 9:30 at night. Irma's engine would not turn over so Angelo and I were reduced to pushing the car around our street in a 20 point turn to get it facing the right way and close enough to the curb. It kinda looked like a circus routine. You know where the clowns try to maneuver a car around and wave their arms around a lot? Whenever a car would come down the street we would pause and act like we were normal. It was pretty funny now that I think back on it. Irma was donated to Father Joe's on Friday. Bye Irma!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah, you are back! You crack me up, that was a great story - and I'd be calling that tow company and telling them they owe you $47!