Monday, April 7, 2008

Bee Careful!

Another funny thing that happened to Angelo this last month was he ate a bee! What?! How does one eat a bee? Only Angelo could figure that one out. One Saturday we were eating lunch on our back patio. I had noticed a bee flying around because it made me get up out of my seat. If the bee wants my seat he can have it! I starting playing with our cats and when I went back to the table Angelo had spit out a bunch of chewed up pizza onto his plate complaining that that bite hadn't tasted good. A few minutes later he said his throat hurt. We went inside and over the next 5 hours he continued to complain that he hurt. He swished some salt water around in his mouth which made him feel a little better. Later that night he kept talking about his throat. I asked if it was like he got bit or something and the light bulb finally turned on. I said, "That bee! I bet you ate that bee!" So we went to the kitchen and found the plate with the chewed up pizza on it. He dug around a bit in it and, low and behold! - we found the butt of a bee. The bee had unsuspectingly landed on Angelo's pizza and Angelo had chomped the thing in half but the sucker stung him before he was finally done in! We took a picture of the disgusting chewed up bee but I can't bring myself to post it. During our discovery I almost ralphed so I don't want to subject anyone else to it. After figuring out what had happened we went to the bathroom to check out his mouth. I looked in there and towards the back of his mouth, sure enough, there was a little stinger still embedded in his cheek. I pulled it out with some tweezers. It was really weird. How lucky he is that he isn't allergic to bees.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Bees....do not taste like chicken.

Unknown said...

wow! That is so crazy! I want to see the picture of the half bee!