Thursday, April 10, 2008

Great moments in presidential speeches?

David Letterman has a great segment on his show called "Great Moments in Presidential Speeches" which will unfortunately (or fortunately) be coming to an end in January. YouTube has a great compilation of the bit posted here. Come January it will be a end of an era. I don't know if the U.S. will ever have another president quite like Bushy. I haven't decided who I am voting for in November, as of now we don't even know who will race against McCain but I will say that I was very inspired by Obama's speech on race. I think that what he said was right on point and I have found myself thinking about some of the things he said in his speech weeks after I first heard them. If you haven't seen or read the speech you can see it here. (It's long but worth it.) Whomever wins in November, I hope that they will be able to inspire the American people instead of making them wince every time they stutter while talking about our plans in Iraq.

No comments: