Thursday, April 10, 2008

Getting back on the proverbial horse...

I am back in the saddle again. This week marks my sixth week of consistent exercising! Yippee! I didn't really have a choice. I get tension headaches all the time. February was especially bad because I was stressed out all the time. Before February I would get a headache about once a week that would put me out of commission for a night. In February I was getting them every couple days and I was getting dizzy too which was new for me. That scared me so bad that I decided I had to start exercising again. I have made some futile attempt over the last few years to get back into it but my weighty behind allowed me to continue sitting on the couch. One day I went to deliver a report to the County and I was unable to walk up the 4 flights of stairs to get to the office without being totally winded by the time I reached the top. I had to stand there for a minute to catch my breathe before I could go up and talk to the girl at the desk. I was so embarrassed! All I could think was I am in my twenties and I know some old ladies that can walk faster than me. So I have to thank my fear of getting a brain aneurysm and the County Administration Building for getting me active again! So since March 3rd I have worked out with my TV for 4 to 5 days a week. (Most weeks have been for 5 days!) I am really proud of myself and I have only had two headaches in that 6 week period - it's a miracle!

2 comments:

Camilla said...

Awesome! Congrats! So what do you like to watch while you're gettin' jiggy wit it?

Unknown said...

Ummm, why didn't you take the elevator? Or did you want to take the stairs for some odd reason, or do they not have an elevator??