Thursday, April 10, 2008

Classic

One of my co-workers is in LA today and I had emailed her asking where her written notes were from our last board meeting. I had looked all over her office for the notes but hadn't found them. This is the response I got back from her this afternoon:

"Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 3:20pm
To: Katie Outlaw
Subject: RE: question about minutes

Hi
I think all the notes are in a pile on the floor in the corner at the tall bookcase behind the desk......I hope you can find them"


Oh how I love a good treasure hunt! The crazy thing is that I was able to find what I was looking for in a huge stack of notes sitting right there on the floor. At least she knew where they were. Some filing system we've got here, eh?! We're state of the art I tell you! This is so classic film commission. We know we have stuff and we can even usually find it!

The other highlight of the day was the script a co-worker shared with me for a commercial that featured a ditzy blond hooter girl sitting on a witness stand that included the typo: "...she giggles her boobs." They wanted to shoot this in an actually courtroom! Something told us a judge wasn't going to let that happen so he told them to look for something that could play as a courtroom. Ahh, never a dull moment...you stay classy San Diego.

2 comments:

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

I don't know if this will help you, but there are three law schools in San Diego -- and they all have mock courtrooms!

I love your work stories. It makes me jealous! You have such a fun office!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.