Sunday, January 27, 2008

President Hinckley

President Hinckley died tonight in Salt Lake City at the age of 97. What an amazing man. He was not just the leader of the Mormon Church but a prophet of God. While it is extremely sad that he is gone in a way I am happy for him. He gets to be with his wife again and he lived such an impressive life. I always loved hearing him speak - he always had a way of stating things so simply. He always spoke with such kindness and love. He is such a great example and touched so many lives including my own. I got to hear him speak in person once when he came down to speak to all the youth in the San Diego area about 12 years ago. When he walked in the room everyone began singing "We Thank Thee O God for a Prophet." There was no denying the spirit that was there and that this man was a prophet of God. He will be greatly missed.

1 comment:

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

He really was our prophet. I'm still in shock, but I know that everything will be OK. He was such a wonderful man.