Friday, January 18, 2008

New intern

It's a new semester so this week we got a new intern at work. I want you to know that I totally support the adage of not judging a book by its cover but at the same time I also believe that you need to present yourself a certain way if you want to be taken seriously. Our new intern seems very nice but she looks like this... (I am not exaggerating!)
This is Emma Thompson as Professor Sybil Trelawney from the Harry Potter movies but as soon as our new intern stepped foot into my office I instantly thought of Sybil. While my co-worker was introducing her to me I didn't really hear anything she said because I was so distracted by her appearance and personality. Here are my thoughts as she stood in my office. (Internal me) "She's gotta be at least 40 years old. She's got foofy hair, round glasses, she looks like... Wow and that outfit, a black lacey camisole bra thing under a jean button up tank with a green and white skirt...wait a sec! I'm wearing that exact same skirt! Ahhh!" (I proceeded to roll myself closer to my desk so I could hide the fact that we were matchy-matchy!)

For a while I tried to remain in my office to avoid the obvious "oh my, we're dressed the same" conversation. I couldn't stay there forever though and I eventually had to have the discussion with her. "Wow, we're like twins!"

She is a very nice lady but she just seems a little nutty. That's not a judgment, more like a characterization. (Listen to the justification! I am a mean person.) So since I didn't hear any of the introduction for the new intern I totally don't know what her name is. I think I will call her Sybil.

I miss old Intern already.

No comments: