Tuesday, November 27, 2007

What are you imPLYing?

On Monday when I went to the bathroom at work I made an uncomfortable discovery - The janitorial service had switch from 2 ply toilet paper to 1 ply! Of all the terrible ways to save a buck! Is 2 ply really going to save you any money? People just use more paper you know! They're not fooling anyone with the thin paper. No one is saying, "Gee, even though this toilet paper is thinner it is just as absorbent." Needless to say I was very upset by this because I have very high standards when it comes to my derriere. So as a revolt I am using way too much toilet paper. I mean a lot. I got the roll spinning at record speeds! You can't be stingy when it comes to a few square of quilted goodness! Here's a fun side note:

When I was looking up how to spell "derriere" at www. m-w.com It gave "buttock" as a synonym. Well I HAD to click on it to see what they said a "buttock" was. This is what I found out:

buttock
Main Entry: but·tock
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English buttok — more at butt
Date: 14th century

1: the back of a hip that forms one of the fleshy parts on which a person sits

2plural a: the seat of the body

b: rump 1a.

"Fleshy parts" huh? I love that! I think mine is especially "fleshy." I am going to start using that word to describe myself. Katie is a fun, sensitive, and fleshy girl.

4 comments:

Angelo Outlaw said...

There should be a public service announcement asking employers to use 2 ply. Maybe they could get Mr. T or William Shattner to do it!

Unknown said...

You are so funny Katie!

janet said...

think green katie....

BatMom said...

love it!!
our office went to 1ply for a short while and i did the same thing! they have recently started purchasing tp that is as thick as a freakin blanket! my buttock(s)were grateful!