Friday, November 23, 2007

So much to be grateful for...

Yesterday as I was watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, waiting to eat turkey, I found yet another thing to be grateful for: The fact that NBC is bringing back the show American Gladiators! I used to love that show! It began in 1989 and ran for 7 seasons. (I know it is shocking that it ever ended!) So tune in on January 6th when the show is revived. This is how NBC is describing the new show on their website:

"The ultimate David & Goliath battle returns! Everyday American heroes - men and women who spend their lives working for others - pit themselves against the show's gladiators, a team of action stars and stunt professionals. Classic events such as The Joust, The Wall, Hang Tough and The Eliminator get a whole new twist for bigger thrills, bigger impact, and the biggest action show of the 21st century!"

I think it would be awesome if they would have had the old gladiators still on the show. I wonder what Nitro looks like now or if he could still give someone a beat down in the gauntlet? I think that would be a better premise actually - it would be like the gladiators were the underdogs. Thank goodness no one can come up with any new television show ideas.

1 comment:

mistyb said...

we love that show! can't wait to see the new one!