Monday, September 24, 2007

Uncle Pappy Smear

So today was a day that every woman looks forward to. I got to go visit the doctor for my "woman test." The dreaded pap smear. That phrase is so cacophonous and horrible sounding - so I guess it fits perfectly with the actual procedure! For the record, I do believe that no medical test should contain the word "smear" though, that's just gross. The procedure went as well as can be expected. My knees didn't unexpectedly snap together like a bear trap on the poor nurse like they wanted to so that was good. The "smear test" was administered by a nice nurse named Nancy. Nurse Nancy was very friendly and we actually had quite a jovial conversation considering the circumstances. (She was talking to my nether regions most of the time.) During the other exam (rhymes with freast) we talked about my job and she asked if I had met any famous people in my job and as I was explaining how I had met Will Ferrell while he was filming Anchorman in San Diego I realized Nurse Nancy was feeling me up. I had never associated Will Ferrell with my freasts before but from now on I probably will. So all in all it was a good time. I now count Nurse Nancy as one of my dearest and closest friends. I feel like she knows me so well, perhaps even better than I know myself.

No comments: