Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Headbands for Airbands

So yesterday was an irritating day. As many of you know I work with the young women's program in my church. Yesterday perfectly exemplifies the weird things I do for this calling. We have been asked to put on an "airband" for the youth conference this coming weekend. So I got off of work an hour early to pick some stuff up for some simple costumes that I was putting together. I went to Michael's craft store and found most of what I needed rather quickly. The only thing they didn't have were plastic headbands. What the freak? It's a craft store - I think that is an item they should carry! So I went on a mission to find some bulk headbands (I needed 20 of them at a decent price.) So I ended up going to like six different stores! I had come straight from work and was wearing some high heel shoes. Big mistake. So long story short it took me over 3 hours to find some stupid headbands. By this time my feet hurt so bad. I was sure that when I removed my shoes I would find that at least two of my toes had worn off. And these were my comfortable shoes! I have decided that you just can't walk in "pretty shoes" for long periods of time. You must wear them on days when you will only be participating in short bursts of walking - not for marathon headband finding missions. By the time I got home I was in a foul mood and had a monster headache. So here is a picture of my poor shoes which are still laying in the middle of the floor 24 hours later.

I despise you shoes!



Here is a picture of what I made with the stupid headbands. It took me over 3 hours to track down headbands and about an hour to make 20 horns and halos. Go figure.

4 comments:

janet said...

Hey....I take pictures of my shoes too...we need to be careful on the internet of the shoe fetish people...

Camilla said...

what are airbands? I don't get it.

Katie said...

Airbands are a live lipsync routine to a song or songs. Kinda like a live action music video. We're doing a Queen medley. :)

janet said...

Sounds like a cool church!