Saturday, September 8, 2007

TAEBO with Brother H., ahh, I mean, Billy Blanks

So I have been trying to ignore the fact that my pants have been getting harder and harder to zip up. The way I look at weight gain is that you aren't in trouble until you have to buy the next size bigger pants. Unfortunately that means that the pants I am currently wearing are screaming for relief from my thunderous thighs and backside. (The good thing is Dr. Oz from Oprah says that the dangerous fat is in your stomach, so I guess I have the "good" fat, and a lot of it.) So now I need to start exercising so I don't have to buy new pants. Actually I have been at that point for a while now. Two summers ago I reached this point and I went on Oprah's "Total Body Makeover" plan and I lost over 15 pounds. That was really good. I felt good too. Then I let the exercise regime go and I have now re-inflated to my size 2 summers ago plus a little more I think. Not so good. About 6 months ago as I was laying in my bed trying to go to sleep I felt my backfat roll touch another part of my back. That is not a good feeling. I giggled a little when it happen and then "cried myself to sleep on my huge pillah." I have been in denial for a while now but I have to commit. If not for me, then for my poor pants. So this week I started exercising again. I do aerobic with my TV. Today I decided to bust out one of my aerobic DVDs and I picked out TAEBO. So I put the DVD in and began my workout. Now Jen has already made this observation but it came rushing back to me as I was trying to throw my leg in the air. Billy Blanks has an uncanny resemblance to a member of our bishopric! (8th warders you know who I'm talkin' about!) So during the whole workout I couldn't stop laughing. To be honest I think it helped my abs get a better workout though.

Billy Blanks or Brother H.? It is uncanny.

(Seriously, this is a picture of Billy Blanks from the internet.)

1 comment:

*J*E*N* said...

I know, I know, I told him that the first time I met him-he is so Billy Blanks!!!