Saturday, March 1, 2008

Do U love U2 2?

Tonight we went to see U23D. I have been waiting to see this forever. It's a 3D movie concert from U2's Vertigo tour from a few years ago. You have to wear 3D glasses and everything. Of course there was the obligatory close up of Bono reaching out and it looked like you were able to touch him. Once it started I had a perma-smile which lasted the whole 120 minutes. I almost cried. (Ok, so I kinda did for a second but just like one tear.) Can I just say that I HEART BONO!This has been a long time obsession for me. There are not many things that I go bonkers for. I'm pretty mellow about most things but U2 is my one thing. In college me and one of my strange roommates rented all the U2 concert movies and watched them all in one night. I own "U2: Rattle and Hum" and have seen it about a million times. (Even though Bono was in a sort of pirate phase during that time I still think he was awesome.) Whenever Bono is on TV I have to pause and rewatch it. My husband is very understanding about this. Sometimes he'll even point out a "Bono sighting" for me. Tonight I realized that there are at least 2 pictures of him hanging in my house. Once I realized that I thought it was kinda weird but then I got over it - Bono stays! My first live U2 concert was in 2001. I flew home the week before finals week from BYU to see U2 at the Sports Arena, oh, and also to get engaged. It was the best week of my life! I got to see Bono in person and I was going to get married! The second time seeing them was during the Vertigo tour in 2005. Angelo and I went the first night they were here in San Diego and then I surprisingly got to go the second night they were in San Diego too! A friend from work had acquired some tickets and invited me to go with her and I almost died! Bono twice in one week!? It was awesome. So it was fun to see the concert again tonight. They closed with "With or Without You" which is all anyone can really ask for.

3 comments:

Angelo Outlaw said...

Ok so I didn't shed any tears myself, but it was a pretty cool show. Like em or not they know how to keep you entertained!

*J*E*N* said...

I also heart bono!

Tamms said...

I was one of the roommates that shared your obsession. Hi Katie! It's Tami. Glad to see your blog.