Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Operation: Name the New Intern

So I was being sarcastic when I posted this farewell to Sybil blog that said..."Keep your fingers crossed that we'll get another entertaining intern this summer. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the overzealous ex-military kid that has shown up at our office 3 times in one week asking about our intern program." Luckily, that didn't happen.

Instead it is happening NOW, during the fall semester. That's right, apparently we ordered a big bag of crazy and it came in the form of the overzealous ex-military kid. My co-worker announced earlier this month that she had lined up a great new intern, a real "go-getter." Later on as I walked past the intern office my jaw fell ajar as I recognized who this "go-getter" was. At this point I didn't have any real ammunition to inform anyone of the crazy we had let infiltrate our operations but it didn't take long for him to demonstrate it himself.

At his first staff meeting we were complaining about a person that we deal with a lot that isn't very helpful in our cause. New intern blurted out, "Hey, you know bullets are only 50 cents, you want me to knock him off for you?" Everyone laughed a little but I just wore a fake smile and inside I knew that this was going to be an interesting few months.

On a more annoying personal level, we have him parked in the office right next to mine and he has this awesome habit of sighing REALLY loud. Just out of the blue, he'll screech out a really long, irritating sigh. You know, the attention seeking kind. The first time he did it he scared the piss out of me. I haven't come up with a good nickname yet. It will come, they have a way of naming themselves. This is going to be great.

4 comments:

janet said...

how about fitty-cent

Naomi said...

Diggit. That's what Navy guys call the guys who actually like working for the Navy.

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Oh yay! A new intern!!

BatMom said...

Whant about "Quarter" since you really don't want him to have enough for a bullet do you?
Also, isn't it great when crazy makes itself known, especially when you haven't (for whatever reason) warned the folks around you!?