Monday, September 15, 2008

26

I have officially lost 26 pounds! Wahoo! Today was my goal deadline. It has been 4 months since I really got serious about my need to be healthier. I was only 4 pounds shy of my 30 pound goal weight and I am so happy!

This is me now compared to what I am affectionately calling "Puffy Katie." The "Puffy Katie" picture was taken in April and this is me now. My SparkPeople program has worked so well for me. I have not had to starve or give up many foods that I like. (The only thing I am really staying away from is french fries but I haven't missed them that much.) I really needed to learn how many calories were in the foods I ate. I also have been really committed to working out at least 3 times a week. I now fit into the clothes I was wearing the last time I lost some weight. I'm not stopping here though. I got to set a new goal weight and deadline today and anything above this is just icing on the cake. (Figuratively speaking of course.) I feel so much better and my headaches are few and far between. Angelo says that I am much happier too. This is totally possible! There are good days and bad but it is so worth it! This is really cliche but it's not about a diet. You really have to have a long term perspective. I am not eating and exercising like this from this date to this date. I am eating and exercising like this for the rest of my life. No more "Puffy Katie!"

11 comments:

BatMom said...

i love katie whether she is 'puffy' or not, i am just glad you feel better and are willing to help me get spark points!

Camilla said...

way to go katie! you're my inspiration. how about running a half marathon with me in may? i'm slow, seriously. you know you want to!! :)

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Way to go!! I'm so impressed at your discipline, I eat, eat, eat. It's starting to show, so I know I should do better -- but the ice cream calls my name!!

I actually noticed on Saturday that you were looking good -- but I didn't know where you were in your progress so I didn't want to say anything and have you be all "no, it's a bad day!"

So know that it shows!!

*J*E*N* said...

You look SOOOOOOO great! I am so proud of you and your sassy new haircut. Maybe you can work me out after I pop this baby out :)

Angelo Outlaw said...

My wife looks good! You're my favorite!

Tara said...

Katie that is so awesome! You look great! I need to get rid of 30 lbs. I'll have to check out the program.

mistyb said...

katie you look awesome girl!! I started that spark people program too and it definitely works, thanks for passing that tip along! Great job and keep it up!!

Unknown said...

WOW!! Way to go! You look great!

Chocolate Chelsea said...

Katie, Good for you. I am sure you feel great. You sure look great!!

Chocolate Chelsea said...

I forgot to say, White Pants usually would make someone look "puffy" But yours make you look HOT!

rheann said...

Hey there HOT STUFF! Way to go! You look so happy and proud of yourself. Keep up the great work and I'm proud of you.