Friday, June 6, 2008

Do you need diapers?

Yesterday Angelo's mom called to give us an important message. After chatting with Angelo for a few moments on the phone she added that she would be willing to pay for us to have a diaper service when we have a baby. This would seem like a normal conversation if, A) we had ever talked about wanting a diaper service, and B) WE WERE ACTUALLY PREGNANT! (Which we are not.) What does she think, "Well, maybe if I just talk as if there is a baby there will be one!" These occurrences are happening more and more frequently. This is almost as good as when she gave us a garden stake about 6 months ago that read "Grandpa's Garden." (It kinda looked like this one...) When I took it out of the brown bag it had been delivered in, Angelo explained that she got it for us so that when we got pregnant we could announce it by giving it to my father-in-law. As my eyes got bigger and bigger Angelo tried to diffuse the situation but to no avail. He got an earful of "We will announce we are pregnant the way we want to! Why doesn't she keep the %*@$ sign and give it to her husband when he finds out he's a grandpa?" I don't know, that one really got me going.

And just for the record I have no desire to use cloth diapers. Even if you (mother-in-law) used them, I will be filling up the landfill just like everyone else with poopy diapers.

(So this post had been taken down because someone had thought it was too mean. I edited it a bit and just for the record, I do love my mother-in-law, and this is just meant to be funny. So just shut your face Angelo. :) See, if you put a smiley face after something it makes it alright!)

5 comments:

Naomi said...

The smiley face thing is like saying "bless her heart" after you say something about someone. Try it out! ie: "She is so stupid, bless her heart!"

BatMom said...

Your Mother-in-law is totally clueless "bless her heart!"

Unknown said...

ha ha! I live in the part of the country where "bless her heart" is said ALL THE TIME! Anyways, when TJ and I started having people ask all the time why we weren't pregnant yet a friend gave me some good advice. Just tell people you are saving up for a boat, kids are too expensive. They give you interesting looks when you say that - especially to people from church!!

JoeFlyer said...

Are you sure you're not pregnant...sound a bit moody ;)

*J*E*N* said...

I love your mother in law stories!!!! Remember- don't use a condom!!!!