Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Catnip Bandit

Last weekend I had bought a new scratching post for our cats. It had come with a packet of catnip. We had never given our cats any catnip before, mostly because my mom had always told me catnip was like drugs for cats. I had also gone through the D.A.R.E. program at school and I had learned that DRUGS ARE BAD. So we had maintained a drug free home up until the dang scratching post came home. Once the new post came out of it's package my cat Otto starting sniffing around and got a crazy look on his face: "Drugs! Where are the drugs!" So we showed him the little packet and he starting rubbing on it. So we put a little on a toy and he rubbed all over it. Our other cat Jasper was completely unaffected by the catnip but Otto was in love. We had initially set the packet of catnip on our desk in the kitchen but Otto kept jumping up to find it. We then put it high up on a shelf in the kitchen. Later on that night Angelo and I were watching TV. We kept hearing a rattling noise and just figured it was the cats playing with a toy. Angelo got up to get a drink and this is what he found in our kitchen. There was Otto laying happily drunk in the middle of the kitchen with the entire packet of catnip scattered all over the floor. Do you see the shame? This is what happened when I tried to grab the empty bag from under him. If you look carefully you can see specks of catnip flying about. So once we got the bag away from him I took him outside and shook all the catnip off of him. He was covered in it. See what happens when you get mixed up with drugs?

1 comment:

Angelo Outlaw said...

That was so funny. I can't believe we didn't think "hey, maybe he's gotten into the drugs." Instead we just kept doing our own thing while he got delerious on the catnip.