Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Glazed

My boss Cathy brought in two boxes of donuts this morning. You know how many people in my office eat donuts? One. Her name is Cathy. She is very sweet to bring in food, I know, but most of us are trying to be good. So a few donuts get eaten over a few days and then she puts them in the freezer. Do you know how many bags of donuts we have in our freezer at work? About 6. You can tell when Cathy has eaten a donut because there is always a trail of glazed donut icing that leads from the kitchen to her office. We've been laughing at the trail all day. When a new person see it they say, "Oh, I guess Cathy's been here." When we pointed the trail out to her earlier she just giggled and went and ate another one.

One of my favorite Cathy traits is her ADD. Of course, I say this completely out of love. For instance, when you're meeting with her you only have a finite amount of time to get your point across to her. The last few months with this big project have been an absolute joy. If you go on too long or you're talking about something boring I can literally see the moment when she isn't listening anymore. I swear we could be discussing the end of the world and if you weren't getting to the good parts quick enough you will have lost her. She starts smiling and nodding her head and says "uh huh" whenever you require an answer. Her eyes glaze over and she might as well hang a sign on her forehead that says, "we're done here."

4 comments:

Chocolate Chelsea said...

The ADD sounds a bit like me.

Camilla said...

Never a dull moment at work eh?

heidi said...

That is hilarious, love the glazed sugar trail. That reminds me today they brought in donuts, not something any of us should be eating but we do like idiots. Now I feel so yucky like I need a salad or something, but its only 10:45 in the morning. Oh well!

Angelo Outlaw said...

Couldn't we just have like a salad or something?