Monday, May 12, 2008

Scariest movie poster ever!

Yesterday I found the creepiest movie poster ever. It's for a new movie called The Strangers. Do you see it? Do you??? What the freak is this???
So a creepy scarecrow looking figure standing in the doorway has to be a pretty worst-case scenario, don't you think? So I was intrigued and starting watching the trailer and I couldn't make it through it. I don't have a very high tolerance for scary anymore. I watched one too many scary movies.

It was a dark and stormy night...Seriously, it was. I was going to school in Utah and I went to hang out on Halloween with one of my friends. She was living in a basement apartment on a residential street. We decided it would be fun to watch the original Halloween movie. We managed to get ourselves good and scared which seemed fun until I figured out that I was going to have go outside and drive home eventually. So it's 1am and we're arguing with each other for about 10 minutes because I am trying to convince her to walk me out to my car and she is not going to do that because she's convinced she'll get grabbed by the same person I'm afraid of getting grabbed by. (I can't say I blame her. I mean why should we both die?) So I tell her to listen for my screams and decide to make a run for it. My car was parked out on the dark, quiet street and it's cold and windy. Perfect. So I run for my car with my keys in my hands and I jump in and pray that my 1982 Toyota Tercel actually starts. For once it starts up on the first try and and I speed off. The whole time I'm freaking out trying to make sure a freaky station wagon with a crazy man isn't following me. I get back to my apartment complex and of course the entire parking lot is full. So I am going to have to go find street parking, who knows how far away, and WALK back, alone in the dark, to my complex. So I find a spot, park the car, and count to three. I throw my door open and and just start running down the street. (Thinking back if anyone was watching me they probably would have been scared of me and left me alone - I looked like the crazy person.) I finally get to my complex and and as I'm running towards it I notice something I've never noticed before. The entire complex had these hedges all around the perimeter which look just like the hedges that freaking Michael Myers looks around when he's stalking Jamie Lee Curtis! You know like this... So all of the sudden I'm an even faster runner. I make it past the hedges and fly up the stairs and fling open my apartment door. Phew, I made it! I figured it was just a lucky break that I wasn't caught by a psychopathic, mask-wearing, crazy person that night. So after that I figured I was done with the scaries. So I won't be seeing The Strangers because the stupid trailer already made me look carefully around the corners in my house for a night.

3 comments:

Camilla said...

I totally can't handle scary movies anymore. The previews on tv give me bad dreams and it takes me weeks to recover!

Angelo Outlaw said...

I'll give it a 7 on the creepy scale. Signs freaked me out more. I can't even watch that movie at night or I can't sleep without the covers over my face because I think the aliens are coming for me.

BatMom said...

I am laughing so hard right now I can't see straight!!!!
I love scary movies, but I must tell you that the first time I watched the Original Halloween movie, I was about 14 or 15 at home alone and the movie ended around 10:30 or 11pm and I had to go to bed. I turned on every light in the house on the way to my room and then locked the door to my room so that Michael Myers couldn't get me!! I slept under 4 blankets and made myself as flat as possible with ALL OF THE LIGHTS STILL ON! (I got in soooo much trouble when my dad got home!)