Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Where all your dreams come true...

So did you hear? I turned 30 in January! I know! 30. Geez, that's like three decades or something. For the momentous occasion I decided that I needed to get out of town. We kicked around a few different destinations but finally decided on Disneyland. It is the happiest place on earth you know. What better location to lose my 20s than a place where people wear hats with giant ears on them and elephants fly! We went up and stayed at the Grand Californian Hotel for a few days. The hotel is right on the Disneyland property so you get to walk right out of the hotel and into the park. It was awesome. We spent Thursday and Friday at Disneyland/California Adventure which was so fun. Here are some picture highlights of the trip...

Here is Angelo pointing at a monkey's butt. (Don't worry it's not a REAL monkey butt.)This is my favorite ride at Disneyland. I like to spin really, really fast! It makes me laugh. What does it say about me that I like to spin around in circles that don't really go anywhere? Hmm...
My new favorite sign:On Thursday night we were waiting in line at the new Nemo submarine ride. (Which by the way is a total snoozer in my opinion.) When we were almost to the front of the line this big group of people were rushed up to the front. There was a Disney employee with an ear piece standing with this big group and I knew something was up. So I kept staring at the group until I figured out what celebrity it was. Finally I caught a peak - it was Kirsten Dunst. It was freezing that night and she was wear some big mickey mouse gloves which was kinda funny. She kept her back to the crowd and stayed pretty incognito. She has really pretty skin and really blond hair. It was kinda funny.

One of the best part's of the trip was my surprise on Friday! Two of my nieces, Sherise and Whitney, flew down from Utah and surprised me at Disneyland! One moment I was wolfing down a giant waffle cone, the next two of my favorite people ran right up to me on Main Street, Disneyland. I was shocked! Angelo had been stalling for a while I guess. It was pretty funny. We spent the rest of the day running from ride to ride with them. On Saturday, my actual birthday, we went to breakfast with my nieces and my parents at a place Whitney swears has the best waffles. (They had all stayed in a hotel in Anaheim on Friday night.) After breakfast Angelo and I headed up to L.A. to see the musical Wicked. It was awesome! It was the last weekend it was playing up in L.A. I loved it! My 30s started out pretty good. RIP 20s. I'll miss you.

2 comments:

Angelo Outlaw said...

Almost as fun as doing combat rolls in a T6 trainer. :)

*J*E*N* said...

LOVE Angelo and the monkey butt:)