Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Guerilla

I have named the new intern. He is now to be known as The Guerilla. Notice the spelling; this is not in reference to a big hairy monkey, but what the dictionary defines as "a person who engages in irregular warfare especially as a member of an independent unit carrying out harassment and sabotage." Actually, he named himself. I have overheard many of his cell phone conversation (remember his proximity to my office) and he has often referred to himself to his friends as "guerilla." I so wish I was kidding about this but sadly, I am not.

He offered to knock someone off again at another one of our staff meetings. One time, ok maybe that's a joke, twice, I'm keeping my distance. Then later I heard the following conversation between Guerilla and my co-worker:

(They were talking about something not going right. He was obviously joking around but dude, come on, stop with the killing jokes.)
Guerilla: "We could just shoot 'em."
Co-worker: "You just want to shoot somebody, don't you?"
Guerilla: (Laughing) "I do, I really do."

If anything bad happens to someone who wasn't nice to my company it wasn't our fault! It was the Guerilla! I do not want to go to jail as an accessory to murder.

1 comment:

Camilla said...

can you say psycho?! this guy is a looney, stay away from him.